47. Eternal Punishment (Hell) Part 1
- Hell is a place of punishment for all people who, conscious of sin, forgot to do the will of God, Psalm 9:17. (There is no person without knowledge of the will of God, Romans 2: 14-16).
- The doctrine of hell was presented by Jesus, Matthew 13: 36-42.
- The Bible expresses this concept using various terms, all referring to eternal punishment:
- Eternal fire: Mathew 25:41.
- Eternal torment Saint Matthew 25:46.
- Gehenna, (fire that cannot be extinguished), Mark 9: 43-48. Gehenna was Jerusalem’s garbage dump that kept burning.
- Lake of fire: Revelation 19:20; 20:10.
- Hell: The Scriptures translate the word “hell,” also referring to the grave, Matthew 16:18; Acts 2: 25-27; Revelation 20:14.
48. Eternal Punishment Part 2.
- A God of love is a God of justice; that punishes evil. Exodus 34: 6.7; Deuteronomy 8: 5.
- God’s wrath against sin has been manifested since its origin, Jude 6, Revelation 12: 7-9.
- These are clear examples of divine justice:
- He pronounced the sentence of death punishment, the earth was cursed, and man was cast out of earthly paradise, Genesis 2:17; 3: 9-19.
- Destroyed the wickedness of the earth in the time of Noah, Genesis 6: 12,13; 7: 11-23.
- He destroyed the abominable cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, with brimstone and fire, Genesis 19: 24,25. These are truly clear examples of divine justice.
49. Eternal Punishment (Lake of Fire) Part 3.
- Details on how hell or lake of fire will be:
- Eternal Separation: San Mateo 25:41.
- Suffering and anguish: Saint Matthew 22: 11-13; Romans 2: 5-9.
- Eternal fire: Saint Matthew 3:12; Saint Mark 9:43.
- Sadness and pain: Revelation 14: 9-11.
- Dense darkness: 2 Peter 2:17; Judas 13.
- Eternal prisons: Judas 6.