43. The Resurrection of the Dead.
- The body in its natural state cannot inherit heaven, 1 Corinthians 15:50.
- So there is a need for a transformation, which will take place at the last trumpet, 1Corinthians, 15: 52-55.
- The resurrection is the greatest triumphal event, and the note of victory, 1Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 20: 4-6.
- What will the body of the resurrected be like? 1 Corinthians 15: 35-50. A transformed, spiritual, non-carnal body, dressed in immortality.
44. The Resurrection of the dead.
- The current state of the dead, Ecclesiastes 9: 4-10.
- All remain in the grave, Saint John 5:28, 29.
- No one has ascended to heaven except Jesus, John 3:13; Acts 2:29.
- The reward or punishment for each will be after the judgment that Christ makes at his second coming, San Mateo 25: 31-46.
45. The Resurrection of the dead.
- The second death, Revelation 20: 6.
- The wicked dead do not rise at the first resurrection, Revelation 20: 5.
- The living wicked die in the brightness of Christ’s coming, 2Thessalonians 2: 8.
- A thousand years elapse between the first and second resurrection, and they will rise to be punished, Revelation 20: 7-10.
- It is reserved for the fearful, unbelievers, abominable, murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and liars, Revelation 21: 8; 20:15.