40. The Second Coming of Christ Part 6
Matthew 24: 37-39.
- Christ compared his advent to what happened in the days of Noah and in those of Lot: “As in the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man … They did not understand until the flood came and took them all ”(Matthew 24: 37-39).
- “As it was in the days of Lot, … fire and brimstone rained down from heaven, and destroyed them all. So will the day be when the Son of Man is revealed ”(Luke 17: 28-30).
- Those “left” outside the ark when the flood came, were destroyed. The same thing happened with the “left behind” in the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, and the same will happen when Christ returns in glory, as he declared. And the Apostle Paul clearly says that when the Lord returns to seek his followers and snatch them up in the clouds, the wicked will be totally destroyed (1 Thessalonians 4:16; 2 Thessalonians 1: 7-9; 2 Thessalonians 2: 8).
- This totally eliminates the possibility that there will be another chance to repent after the righteous are transferred to heaven. The time to prepare to meet the Lord is now.
41. The Second Coming of Christ Part 7
- Who are the “saints” who accompany Jesus in his coming?
When Scripture says that at his coming our Lord Jesus Christ will be accompanied by his “saints” (1 Thessalonians 3:13), he does not mean human beings but the angels from heaven who will escort him (see Matthew 25:31).
- And when the apostle adds that “God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him” (1 Thessalonians 4:14) it means that Jesus Christ will bring to life, he will resurrect at his second coming, those who believed in him.
42. The Second Coming of Christ Part 8.
- Will God allow His people to suffer the great tribulation mentioned in the book of Revelation? In the past God has always allowed His people to go through the ordeal of tribulation, but He protected and delivered them. In the same way, the Lord will not save his people before the tribulation that is to come upon the world, but will protect them during their course and will free them from the wrath of God that will manifest then (see Daniel 12: 1 and Revelation 3:10).
- What is currently happening in the world shows us, without a doubt and in light of biblical prophecies, Jesus Christ will soon return to this earth. This should fill us with joy and hope.