33. Baptism of the Holy Spirit Part 2
- The Holy Spirit was poured out on a group of Gentiles, without them having been baptized, because it was a symbol for the apostles, so that they did not prevent baptism in water. But not for this the doctrine was going to change, because we find in the Scriptures that the apostles kept commanding people to be baptized and then to lay their hands on them and receive the anointing of God, Acts 10: 44-11: 1-3, 15- 18; Acts 19: 1-7.
- Biblical requirements to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
The baptism of the Holy Spirit is such a special and delicate event that it requires certain requirements:
- Being baptized in water, Acts 2:38.
- Recognize your spiritual need, Psalm 51:10.
- Keep your commandments, St. John 14:15, 16. 21.23.
- Leading a righteous life before God, 1 John 3:22.
- Longing for holiness, Ephesians 4: 22-27.
- Hope in the mercy of God, Romans 9: 15,16.